This year I went to YALC all three days, I went with Suzanne (bookmarvel) it was so lovely to see her in person for the first time and spend almost a whole week together! This will be a long post so I’ll probably break it down into days!
Thursday was the day we travelled up to London, it was absolutely roasting, we went up in a car with no air con and just MELTED as it hit 40 degrees and it was not fun! We popped out to Tottenham Court Road later on in the afternoon, which was a mistake because again, so hot we sweated awfully on the tube! But we did manage to go to Foyles and Primark!
I bought four books in Foyles which were, The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter, Storm and Fury by Jennifer L Armentrout which I’m so happy I found because I love her books! Queen of Ruin by Tracey Banghart and Want by Cindy Pon.
Friday was the first day of the con, we got there before 10am when doors opened so I’ll do a books I took to get signed and books I bought there!
The authors I saw and got my books signed were:
- Akemi Dawn Bowman, who signed my copies of Summer Bird Blue and Starfish! She also gave us this amazing print of Summer Bird Blue!
- Holly Bourne, I only had two this year which were Soulmates and The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting!
- Sara Barnard, I got all my Sara Barnard books signed, minus Floored because I couldn’t find it (ended up finding it later in the day I was so annoyed!)
- K.K Perez, I took my copy of Sweet Black Waves but I also got an arc of Wild Savage Stars which I got signed!
- Renée Ahdieh which I got my ARC of The Beautiful signed!
- Laura Stevens, both books of The Exact Opposite of Okay and A Girl Called Shameless!
- Alice Oseman, she was so lovely and her queue was the longest of the day! I got all of my books signed by her!
Okay so, I got 20 books on the first day, I may have gone a little crazy but who cares?
- Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon
- The Antidote by Shelley Sackier
- This Time Will. Be Different by Nisa Sugiura (illumicrate edition!)
- Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
- Lily’s Just Fine by Gill Stewart
- Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson
- Through The White Wood by Jessica Leake
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
- The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt
- The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
- We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal
- Penguin Bingeable Box Set (this is like a giant sampler filled with many different books)
- Midnight Beauties by Megan Shepherd (ARC Aug 2019)
- The Sky Is Mine by Amy Beashel (ARC which I got signed! Feb 2020)
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power (I won an early copy! Out 2020)
- Frankly in Love by David Yoon (ARC Sept 2019)
- A Throne of Swans by Katharine & Elizabeth Corr (ARC 2020)
- Wild Savage Stars by Kristina Perez (ARC Aug 2019)
- What Magic is This? by Holly Bourne (Suzanne got me this, thank you!)
- Melinda Salisbury, I got my Sin Eaters Daughters trilogy and Floored signed as mine copies of State of Sorrow duology are already signed! I ended up being stuck in another queue so I got Suzanne to get my copies signed and ran and quickly met Melinda when I was picking them up!
- Vic James, she was absolutely LOVELY! I got Tarnished City and Bright Ruin and Sanctuary signed, it was so nice to meet her, she knew who I was and we had a lovely chat and I told her about my trouser crisis!
- V E Schwab, this was a hella long wait, we were number 222, I only got my City of Ghosts signed and personalised and took Suzanne’s Vicious and Vengeful to get signed for her!
- Holly Jackson, she was so nice and talkative! I got Good Girls Guide To Murder signed and now I need to catch up on Riverdale season three as she’s told me without spoilers that the ending is 😮
- I was meant to get my copies of The Belles and Everlasting Rose signed but Holly’s queue took so long that I missed out!
- Moria Fowley-Doyle, I got my copies of The Accident Season and The Spellbook of the Lost and Found! Didn’t realise that there was copies of All The Bad Apples at YALC so picked up a copy at the wrong time!
- Lucy Powrie, I got my ARC of The Paper and Hearts Society signed, we had such a lovely chat she was really nice and it was nice that she recognised me!
- Connie Glynn, I got all of her books signed included the ARC of Undercover Princess in which she wrote, curse this proof, as she wasn’t ready for them😂 and also her new one The Lost Princess!
- Juno Dawson, she was lovely and chatty! I got my copy of Meat Market signed, we also talked Jason Momoa as she was late due to Jason being late to the photo op!
Saturday was my mildest day, I only got 10 books!!
- Stolen Time by Danielle Rollins
- All The Ever Afters by Danielle Teller
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- The Furies by Katie Lowe
- The Lost Princess by Connie Glynn
- All The Bad Apples by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- Traitor To The Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
- Hero At The Fall by Alwyn Hamilton
- How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather (ARC from book swap)
- Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta & Cori McCarthy (illumicrate edition)
- Adrienne Young who signed my copy of Sky In The Deep, Sky In The Deep ARC & The Girl The Sea Gave Back ARC
- Bex Hogan, she was so lovely and recognised me and gave me a hug! She signed both my full cover and ARC copy of Viper!
- Taran Matharu, he signed my ARC of The Chosen and my hardback and paperback copy of The Novice!
- Natasha Ngan, I got my hardback and ARC of Girls of Paper and Fire and also my ARC of Girls of Shadow and Storm!
I got 31 books on Sunday which were:
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
- Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by L C Rosen
- Tarot by Marissa Kennerson
- The Kingdom of Copper by S A Chakraborty
- Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
- Arrowheart by Rebecca Sky
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth
- The Deepest Blue by Sarah Beth Durst
- Shadow & Flame by Mindee Arnett
- Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
- All The Wandering Light by Heather Fawcett
- Tempest and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce
- The Poppy War by R F Kuang
- The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde
- Gumiho: Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
- Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
- Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan
- The Fandom Rising by Anna Day
- Light Between Worlds by Laura Weymouth
- Lobster by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
- We Were Promised Spotlights by Lindsay Sproul (ARC March 2020)
- The Dark Lord Clementine by Sarah Jean Horwitz (ARC Oct 2019)
- Parked by Danielle Svetcov (ARC Feb 2020)
- Maya and the Rising Dark by Rena Barron (ARC May 2020)
- The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis (ARC Oct 2019)
- Chelsea High by Jenny Oliver (ARC May 2020)
- American Royals by Katharine McGee (ARC Sept 2019)
I got a lot more books than I thought I had.. it’s 65 overall, I can’t even believe I got so many!! Definitely don’t need to buy any more… Things I’ve not included in this is the prints/candles/bookmarks/pins that I got over the weekend!
Did you go to YALC this year? I’d love to see your haul! If you didn’t go, do you plan to next year? :3