We are now a week into April and I’ve had a very productive one! I completed my TBR for the AprilAthon and of course received a few books..
First up, the books I’ve read this week:
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a reread of the trilogy before I started Restore Me and rereading this was the best decision I had made as I loved it even more than I did the first time! Plus I couldn’t remember much of it so I definitely needed a refresher! I highly recommend this series, first book is Shatter Me.
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Again a reread, absolutely amazing, I loved it, Warner & Juliette, I adored jumping back into this world again.
- Queen of Always by Sherry D Ficklin – ⭐⭐⭐ This is the third book in the trilogy and I’ve been meaning to read this for like 2 years, I have to say, it wasn’t the best, I preferred the first two books as I believe I gave those two a four and five star rating.
- Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I’m not over it. I can’t even put into words how I feel about this book, it was amazing, I don’t know what I’m even going to do with myself until the next one is out, it was just so… UGH DAMMIT TAHEREH WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
- The Shadow Queen by C J Redwine – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I enjoyed this book, was a little slow in some places for me but overall it was a good read and I look forwards to getting my hands on the next book soon!
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I’ve been eyeing this book for quite some time and I got it in a trade this year so I thought I’d dive into it! I loved it and even though it seemed a bit weird, I throughly enjoyed it and I’ve bought the second one so I can jump back into it as soon as I get it!
- Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ The final book in the trilogy.. it was PERFECT. I buddy read this with the lovely Suzanne (@bookmarvel on instagram) and we finished it in a few days, I enjoyed it, the ending was just right and I look forwards to their next book which is out next year!
- Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I found this to be a little slow at the beginning and then I really got into it about half way, THAT ENDING, I can’t believe she ended it like this. WHY?! I’ll be ordering the sequel very soon!
Now onto books bought!
- Everlife by Gena Showalter
- State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury – Fairyloot edition
- Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury – personalised and signed edition
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J K Rowling – another edition I needed…
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
- The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones – Owlcrate edition!
- Joyride by Anna Banks
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – my copy came early!
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
I also bought some candles from the lovely @graceandhoney on instagram and she also sent me a little extra as it’s my birthday at the end of this month! If you haven’t checked her website out yet, I highly recommend that you do! Grace and Honey