For August I’ve decided to take part in three readatons and an Instagram challenge.
First up is a Goodreads group, Read-A-Thin – you can click the link if you wish to join the group and take part. This goes on throughout the entire of August and you can choose from a range of challenges, the goal is to complete 6 challenges but you don’t have to do them all, you can do just one or all of them it’s up to you.
I have chosen 6-7 challenges to do.
- Read a 2017 book. – Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Read a book that is the same colour or similar to your birthstone. – The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- Read a book with a title or author with the same first letter in your first name. – Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- Read a book with a summer themed cover. – The Girls Guide to Summer by Sarah Mlynowski
- Read a book in 24 hours. – unsure.
- Read a new to you author. – With Malice by Eileen Cook
- Book with water on the cover. – Lorali by Laura Dockrill
The next readathon is Tome Topple Readathon, this goes on from the 4th August until the 17th August, for this readathon the only books you can read are ones that have 500 or more pages. So I’ve only gone with four and I might not even read all of them but I aim to read as many as I can.
So first up Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin – this is my mums copy but I’m hoping my copy will arrive in time for this readathon, my copy will have 780 pages. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern this has 502 pages. Gemina which is a part of the read-a-thin as well, has 672 pages and lastly Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken which has 507 pages. So overall I will be aiming to read 2,461 pages.
And lastly the third and finally readathon will be Bout of Books – this goes from the 21st August until the 27th August, this doesn’t have a set TBR as such but just the other books that I want to read this month.
The Darkest Mind’s won’t be apart of Bout of Books as I want to read that at the beginning of the month but I do have the third book coming In The After Light by Alexandra Bracken so I hope to read that for Bout of Books, Avenged by Amy Tintera, The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco, The Cresswell Plot by Eliza Wass and Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau which is also coming in the post for the beginning of August.
Also over on Instagram I will be taking part in #augustlibrary17 – the image is below if you wish to check it out and take part!